Today, the global airline industry consists of over 2,000 airlines operating more than 23,000 aircraft, providing service to over 3,700 airports. On an annual basis, world’s airlines will make almost 30 million scheduled flight departures and carry over 2 billion passengers at a cost of trillions of dollars. Within this industry, providers face a host of challenges that affect their ability to streamline operations and improve profitability including the efficiency of ramp operations and supply services, increased maintenance time and rising cost of parts and labor.
Argo’s Global Transportation practice has been helping clients improve operations and achieve world-class status for more than a decade. Through fast, comprehensive analysis and rapid implementation we achieve significant and lasting improvements for our commercial aviation clients by focusing on:
- Improving overall labor productivity while increasing retention and streamlining training efforts.
- Creating and rolling out standardized processes across multiple locations.
- Improving “on-time” and “time-to-first-bag” by addressing bottlenecks and improving scheduling.
- Optimizing new capital projects to ensure that they produce promised benefits.
- Engraining safety, environmental, and operational work practices into organizational culture.
Our global team of consultants has a depth of technical operational expertise and a proven track record of leading and implementing successful transformations. Our people bring a wide range of professional experience from some of the most operationally excellent companies in the world.
Argo utilizes a host of Lean tools that have an immediate impact on airline operations, and we deploy them in a way that ensures compliance and sustainability. With our approach to working directly with client teams to train and transfer knowledge, both management and front line employees quickly become stakeholders in the improvement process, which leads to rapid adoption.