The energy sector is characterized by its periodic swings of supply and demand. Long accustomed to these unique market dynamics, energy companies have been investing heavily in alternatives, along with new extraction technologies/processes that allow them to get oil and gas out of the ground more easily and cheaply. This push for innovation drives the need for suppliers to develop new products and revamp existing ones at lower costs. In addition to these pressures, the significant industry mergers in the past decade, coupled with higher oil prices, have given the big players the capital to drive a level of investment that simply wasn’t feasible in the past.
Argo applies a holistic transformation approach by combining and enhancing some of the world’s best manufacturing tools and philosophies such as Lean, Six Sigma, VA/VE and the Theory of Constraints. Argo understands how operations support business strategy.
Our approach helps energy clients focus operations for better alignment with strategy achieving sustainable results by:
- Maximizing asset utilization, using what they have better rather than making additional costly investments.
- Improving overall labor performance while increasing retention.
- Reducing order to cash cycles, whether attacking order entry, process times, inventories, or accounts payable.
- Optimizing new capital projects to ensure that they produce promised benefits.
- Using training and follow-up techniques to ensure that desired behaviors such as safety and environmental work practices become ingrained in organizational culture.
Our global team of consultants has a depth of technical manufacturing expertise and a proven track record of leading and implementing successful transformations. Our people bring a wide range of professional experience from some of the most operationally excellent companies in the world.
We diagnose areas of waste, variability, and inefficiency in the operating system and then redesign, and implement, not just the new production system, but also the management structure that improves the bottom line and ensures accountability and sustainability. By working hand-in-hand with our client’s employees, we ensure the buy-in from the senior leadership team all the way to the front line employee, leaving behind a new culture, new mindsets and new behaviors.
We look deeply and broadly, not just at operational processes, but also into all functions and dynamics to leverage opportunities for improvement, including R&D, Marketing & Sales, supplier influences, inventory, setup reduction, standard work, back office and interface between departments.