Today, retailers are confronted with massive changes in the industry. Overall, the pace of growth has slowed, with great cost pressures coming from a host of sources. The dramatic shifts in shopping habits and behaviors are having a profound impact, from the migration to e-retail and precision shopping, to the continued decline of the mall or shopping center as the hub of retail activity. The continued globalization of supporting supply chains makes retailers increasingly vulnerable to both disruption and unanticipated, uncontrollable increases in material costs. And finally, the new breed of consumer, fueled by the recent stagnation of the economy, has come to expect the nearly impossible—a combination of exemplary service and value.
Argo applies a holistic transformation approach by combining and enhancing some of the worlds best operational tools and philosophies. Argo understands how operations support business strategy.
Our approach helps Retail clients focus operations for better alignment with strategy achieving sustainable results by:
- Optimizing supply chains so that they can accommodate disruptions changes in sourcing strategies, and new retail formats.
- Improving working capital performance while reducing stock outs.
- Streamlining non-customer facing processes.
- Using training and follow-up techniques to ensure that desired behaviors such as customer service practices become ingrained in organizational culture.
- Improving overall labor performance while increasing retention.
- Creating and rolling out standardized processes across multiple locations.
Our global team of consultants has a depth of technical operations expertise and a proven track record of leading and implementing successful transformations. Our people bring a wide range of professional experience from some of the most operationally excellent companies in the world. By working hand-in-hand with our client’s employees, we ensure the buy-in from the senior leadership team all the way to the front line employee, leaving behind a new culture, mindsets and behaviors.
We look deeply and broadly, not just at operational processes, but also into all functions and dynamics to leverage opportunities for improvement, including Marketing & Sales, strategic pricing, supplier influences, inventory, setup reduction, standard work, back office and silos between departments.